Signature® Slide Printer
Primera's New Signature Slide Printer can significantly increase the efficiency of your lab while helping to reduce the risk of misidentification of specimens. It prints directly onto slides, eliminating handwriting or expensive, difficult to apply xylene-resistant labels. With impressive 300 dpi print resolution, you can print text, graphics and logos along with high-resolution linear and 2D bar codes on every slide you process.
Signature is also the world's first and only COLOR slide printer. This revolutionary feature lets you purchase and keep inventory of only one slide color – plain white. With Signature, you can print a wide range of colors and patterns for faster identification.
Easy to Use
Optional PTLab™ Software
PTLab Software was designed by Primera specifically for use with Signature-Series Printers. It can be installed on any Windows XP/Vista/7 PC, including Primera's optional all-in-one touch screen PC. With PTLab, you'll be up and running and printing full-color slides in just minutes.
First, the lab administrator designs the templates that define the information that is required on the slides including fixed and variable fields. The print area is completely customizable. Or, you can choose from any of the included standard templates. After the template(s) are designed, the editing function is locked by password.
The lab tech then scans the 2D bar code printed on the vial, tissue cassette or other specimen container. Information contained in the bar code is automatically populated on the slide. Information can also be entered via the keyboard or touch-screen PC. The number of slides that have been ordered for that study are then automatically printed.
Printing only the slides you need, when and where you need them, helps avoid potentially serious patient safety errors.
Several Configurations Available
Printers are available for 3rd party integration as well as in complete, stand-alone systems which include printer, software, scanner, keyboard, mouse and mini-PC. Most components (except the printer and mini-PC) are medical-grade IP68-rated for water-resistance. IP68-rated components can be disinfected with typical hospital cleaning solutions.
Innovation at a New, More Affordable Price
Even with its high-resolution, full-color printing capabilities, Signature costs less than all other monochrome-only slide printers currently available. For the first time, you can afford to de-centralize slide printing and put an on demand, direct-to-slide printer at each microtome or Cytology slide processor. You'll reduce the chance of errors, have a more efficient workflow and save time and money by inventorying only white slides.
The Signature Cassette Printer represents true innovation for Pathology, Cytology and Hematology labs as well as other medical, educational or research organizations that need to print cassettes on a regular basis.
Key Features and Benefits
On-demand, full-color printing – print only the number of slides you need to help eliminate errors
- Reduce inventory and purchasing activity – your inventory of multiple colors of slides is eliminated since you can now print colors on white slides
- Prints directly onto slides – eliminates handwriting that is hard to read and labels that are hard to apply and can potentially fall off or cause jams in your slide processing instruments
- Small footprint – fits perfectly next to the microtome or the Cytology slide processor
- PTLab Software – template-driven software ensures that the exact information you require on the slides gets printed every time; also allows configurable output data stream to LIS systems
- Xylene-, alcohol-, reagent-, stain-, heat-, and chemical-resistant ink – ensures reliable identification of slides now and for years in the future